Here are just a few tips from us about living healthy on our campus. Remember that a healthy body fuels a healthy mind.
1. Try to exercise at least 3-4 times a week. Join intramural, work out in Malley, participate in Campus Recreation, or come to our fitness events!
2.Try to drink 6-8 glasses of water a day and refrain from sugary sodas. This is the cheapest way to maintain your health.
3. For a snack, have a small handful of nuts and seeds. You'll notice the natural fats will help keep you full until your next meal!
4. Enjoy sugary and fried foods in moderation.
5. At meals, fill half your plate with vegetables, a quarter with protein, and a quarter with carbs i.e., brown rice or sweet potatoes.
A Happier mind & spirit
Here are some ways you can improve your mental health.
1. Keep a gratitude Journal - Scientists have found that writing down 3 things that you are thankful for a day improves happiness.
2. Meditate- While challenging at first, mediation has been proven to provide a wide variety of mental health benefits. Go check out Campus Ministries mediation room on first floor benson to escape the stress of school.
3.Practice self care. Set aside an hour for yourself every day to do something you enjoy or reflect.
Meet with a leadership team members
We care about you, your story, and your health goals. Reach out to us for health and fitness advice.
Whether you want to develop a workout routine, need a healthy shopping list for Trader Joe's, or just want to chat, reach out to us. We are here to empower confidence in your body and clarity in your mind.
Click here to meet the leadership team and reach out to whomever you think best serves your needs.
Into The Wild , Campus Ministry, Campus Creation, The Wellness Center, SCCAP